WHY DONATE TO THE FUND:
Kokoro Scholarship Fund is in the process of applying for its nonprofit, 501(c)(3) designation. Scholarship candidates are required to complete a detailed application process and are chosen based on their having demonstrated a deep commitment and inner desire to test and better themselves by cultivating a “warrior spirit” of leadership. Your donations help our organization cover the cost of our approved scholarship recipients’ training, tuition, travel and other expenses needed in order to prepare for and attend SEALFIT’s Kokoro Camp in Encinitas, CA.
Please consider making a donation today to support the cultivation of our future leaders..
Your Contributions will fund or facilitate the following:
1. SEALFIT Kokoro Camp tuition for selected scholarship recipients.
- The Scholarship Fund seeks and selects candidates who demonstrate the desire to improve themselves in mind, body, and spirit.
- Candidates are required to complete a detailed application, which includes an essay, a list of leadership experiences, community involvement and a letter of recommendation. Final candidates are interviewed by at least one Kokoro Scholarship Fund Board member.
- When necessary, the Scholarship Fund will pay for the scholarship recipients’ travel expenses to and from SEALFIT Kokoro Camp in Encinitas, CA.
- In some cases, the Scholarship Fund will also pay for specific training/coaching and equipment (e.g. clothing, boots) needed by the scholarship recipient in order to properly train and prepare for the camp so that he/she can make the most of the Kokoro experience.
2. Kokoro Scholarship Fund website with resource materials available to all candidates in order to fully prepare for camp and live the “warrior spirit.”
3. Promotion of Kokoro Scholarship Fund, NFP.
- The Scholarship Fund believes in community involvement and seeks to work with other gyms, martial arts schools and CrossFit gyms interested in furthering leadership in their communities.