Kokoro Scholarship Fund Application
Scholarships are determined on a competitive basis and require the submission of completed application
General Eligibility Requirements
Kokoro Scholarship Fund candidates must:
- Be 18 years or older;
- Provide a copy of a valid driver’s license or other government issued identification;
- Submit a completed application and all required documentation;
- Provide a letter of recommendation from a current or past teacher or coach/instructor familiar with your qualifications;
- Provide a letter from a doctor confirming you are in good physical health and have no physical or health limitations that could interfere with your ability to engage in extreme physical fitness;
- NOT have a felony criminal record;
- Demonstrate a need for financial assistance in order to make attending a SEALFIT Kokoro Camp a reality.
Recommended minimum physical qualifications for Kokoro Camp are listed below. Keep in mind that these are minimum qualifications. Most trainees far exceed these qualifications when they attend Kokoro Camp.
Kokoro Camp (Intermediate to Advanced):
- Max rep push-ups in 2 minutes: 45 minimum
- Max rep sit-ups in 2 minutes: 45 minimum
- Max dead hang pull-up, no time limit: 6 minimum
- 3 mile timed run in 25:00 or less
- Execution of weighted movements and Olympic lifts are not required for completion of the Camp. Significant body-weight stamina, endurance and serious mental toughness is required. CrossFit or SEALFIT experience with the ability to move external loads at high intensity is a plus.
The Application is here in a PDF format. You must complete the application in its entirety and have it notarized with your signature. The entire packet (application, leadership essay, and candidate statement) should be scanned and attached in an email to: